December 10, 2012

"Diary of the Uncuffable" #1

Because I have some legit amazing friends and colleagues, I have received some crazy support for "The Resume", despite my sporadic writing nature. I appreciate it, wholly.

One of those supporters decided to give me the real life truth behind our favorite time of the year: Cuffin' Season. Today begins a series entitled (by our author): "Diary of the Uncuffable". Now, I don't believe this to be true for her, but hey... gotta catch their eye somehow.

Check out the story below - keep up with her and post your thoughts, reactions, suggestions below. Will she stay "uncuffable"? Let's find out.



"Closed mouths don't get fed." - A real nigga

7:12 am . Blue line metro

I descended the escalator while Bootsy Collins filled the empty space between my eyes. I rather be with you...yea. The melody woke me up from the ins and outs of sleep that I am accustomed to. Finishing a good morning text and a volume increase, I placed the Nexus in my pocket and glanced ahead of me. Just like the first page of a fairy tale, tailored pants and brown shoes, you stood there taking in the scenery. Which worked out for me, because I was taking in you. I studied your stature. Noticed that you were an inch shorter than me but still fine. Got damn. I decided to do what I know how to do best, observe. I moved to a inconspicuous spot out of your line of sight. Standing behind you, I watched you, how you moved, how you behaved. What your body language said to me. As the lights flashed from the metro's arrival I walked behind you to board the train. You must have felt my presence, because you stood to the side, extended your hand with a slight bow, and let me walk before you. Chivalry, check. I said thank you. My back was to you but I bit my lip. A man once previously unseen had affected me. I'm slipping. As I sat on the train , four rows away from you, I went back and forth from catching your gaze to staring at you unknowingly. You are a stranger who I want to become familiar with. I yearned for your familiarity.
Before I knew it, I had arrived at L’Enfant plaza metro. I got up to exit the train, but not before I took in one last look of you. Our eyes locked. But, like the punk that I am, I looked away quickly and exited. I would probably never see you again. Shit.

They say that we miss every opportunity that we don't take. What was interesting, is that I have been presented with so many more opportunities to say something. To speak, to ask for his number. He has parked next to me on numerous occasions. We often end up on the same train in the evening, walking in the same direction to our cars. I have said things to him in passing, and then when it comes down to it, I hop in my car and drive away. Each time, I kick myself for missing the opportunity. You could probably call me Liu Kang with how many kicks I'm passing out to myself from the chances I blew with him. Fatality
After being pumped up (and cussed out) by my friends, this past week I decided that I would finally go up to him and ask him for his number. It seemed like the stars would align just to put me in situations in which I was in close enough proximity to talk to him. Was God telling me something? Was the universe giving me a message?
Or was this some kind of cruel joke? The one week I decided I would say something to him if I was put in one of these “interesting” positions again, I DON'T SEE HIM ONCE. NOT ONE TIME! ONE! UNO! ICHI! UN!

W.
T.
F.

-___- . Well, there is always Monday.

- Latte

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © The Resume. Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger